The 9th International Conference on Health Information Science (HIS 2020) provides a forum for disseminating and exchanging multidisciplinary research results in computer science/information technology and health science & services. HIS 2020 aims to integrate computer science/information technology with health sciences & services, embracing information science research coupled with topics related to the modelling, design, development, integration, and management of health information systems and health services. It covers all aspects of the health information sciences and the systems that support the health information management and health service delivery.
The Scope Includes:
1. Medical/health/biomedicine information resources, such as patient medical records, devices and equipment, software and tools to capture, store, retrieve, process, analyse, and optimize the use of information in the health domain;
2. Data management, data mining, and knowledge discovery (in the health domain), all of which play a key role in decision making, management of public health, examination of standards, privacy and security issues;
3. Development of new architectures and applications for health information systems.
Topics Include, but are not Limited to:
-AI in medicine
-Medical big data
- Information systems including electronic health records, hospital information systems, data exchange and integration
- Health service delivery, workflow
- Data mining, knowledge discovery, decision making support
- System interoperability, ontology and standardization
- Biomedical informatics, brain informatics, imaging informatics
- Telemedicine, health data management
- Health database and information-system integration
- Health information extraction, health information services
- Health information-system modeling, design, and development
- Health information visualization
- Support tools and languages for health information-system development
- Information system interfaces
- Data integration, data processing
- Data federation, sharing, and mining
- E-health care delivery
- Distributed computing, pervasive computing
- Information storage and retrieval
- Innovative applications
- Integration of heterogeneous information sources
- Agent systems
We solicit your submissions in English for unpublished research papers on any aspect of the health information sciences and systems.
Papers should be submitted in PDF format. The results described must be
unpublished and must not be under review elsewhere.
Submissions must conform to Springer's LNCS format and should not exceed
12 pages, including all text, figures, references, and appendices.
Submissions not conforming to the LNCS format, exceeding 12 pages,
or being obviously out of the scope of the conference,
will be rejected without review.
Information about the Springer LNCS format can be found at
Three to five keywords characterizing the paper should be indicated at
the end of the abstract.
Submissions should be made electronically in PDF format via Easychair:
Accepted papers will be presented at HIS 2020 and published in
the conference proceedings, which is published in the Springer Lecture Notes
in Computer Science (LNCS).
Authors elected papers from the conference will be invited to
submit an expanded version for publication in the Journal of Health Information System, Springer, or
Journal of Artificial Intelligence for Medical Sciences, Atlantis Press.
Full Paper Submission Deadline: June 11, 2020
Acceptance/reject notification: July 20， 2020
Camera Ready Submission:August 3, 2020